High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and community participation and partnership are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students and staff to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Aseltine School for the last 49 years. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes Aseltine School an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and community activities and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year. Below are some of our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we have developed here at Aseltine for nearly half a century.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year and I look forward to what is to come. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am honored to serve as your principal.